Features of the profession of a recruiter in the information technology industry. Advantages and disadvantages of working as an HR specialist in IT. An overview of effective tools for attracting highly qualified personnel to an IT company.
Features of the work of an HR specialist in the information technology industry
Each sector of the economy has industry specifics that an HR specialist faces when recruiting. In the field of information technology, the success of an enterprise is determined by employees who are able to perform non-standard tasks.
Using the extension resume screening software from ATS, you will do your job better, spending less time on it. It is unique in its way, it is really a high-quality product with a wide range of possibilities.
Benefits of being an IT recruiter
The recruiter acts as an intermediary between the employer and the employee. His task is high-quality recruitment for the company and employment of the applicant for a suitable vacancy. Pros of the profession include:
- continuous learning;
- a wide range of acquaintances;
- development of communication skills;
- the possibility of high earnings;
- moral satisfaction from achieving results.
This profession is suitable for those who are able to multitask and withstand a lot of emotional stress.
What Skills Should an IT Recruiter Have?
There is a general set of skills that a qualified IT recruiter should have:
- Concentration. Inattention when reviewing resumes and interviews can lead to poor-quality closing of a vacancy or rejection of a good candidate.
- Marketing skills. Qualified candidates always have a large selection of vacancies, so it is important to correctly present the advantages of the company and the proposed position.
- Sociability and ability to build relationships. The recruiter is the representative of the employer in the initial communication with a potential employee. The result of the interview largely depends on the impression that the recruiter makes.
- Time management. The duties of a recruiter include collecting resumes, initial assessment of candidates, background checks, interviews, consultations with the employer, etc. A qualified manager is able to do several things in parallel and manage his time effectively.
- IT skills. The specifics of the industry require knowledge of the IT competencies of programmers, analysts, designers, and other industry representatives for the effective search and evaluation of candidates.
- Stress resistance. Refusals of applicants, burning deadlines for closing vacancies, and other nuances of the profession can lead to emotional burnout. Therefore, it is important to remain calm even in unusual situations.
Recruiter tools for effective recruitment
Recruitment agencies advertise for IT jobs in various fields and rate IT, candidates, more deeply than in other fields. There are many factors that influence the result of personnel search in an IT company. For effective recruiting in HR, the following tools are used:
- Testing. The technique saves time in assessing the competencies of candidates during the interview.
- Marketing and analytics. Analytical tools help to understand the expectations of applicants and offer an offer that will meet the needs of the candidate.
- Automation. For the rational distribution of time, HR specialists use special programs for working with data.
To close a vacancy, HR specialists work with cold resume databases, monitor social networks, and collect recommendations.