Woolworths reveals major changes to trading hours at stores across Australia due to shifts in ‘customer shopping behaviour’
- Woolworths has standardised the trading hours for all of its stores
- It means stores will either open an hour later or close an hour earlier
- The meat, deli and seafood departments will close at either 7pm or 8pm
Woolworths has announced major changes to the opening and closing hours for all stores along with changes to its meat, deli and seafood departments.
The supermarket retailer has standardised its trading hours across the country, which means some stores will open either one hour later or close one hour earlier.
Woolworths have reduced the operating hours of its meat, deli and seafood departments as well due to a ‘shift in customer shopping behaviour’.
Woolworths has standardised the trading hours for all of its stores (stock image)
A spokesperson confirmed news of the changes to trading hours to Daily Mail Australia.
‘We’ve moved to standardise our overall operating hours so we can offer a consistent customer experience across our store network,’ the spokesperson said.
‘Select stores across the country will open one hour later or close one hour earlier to align with other stores and better match customer shopping patterns.’
The other major change announced by the grocery giant was that the deli counter would trade from 7am to 8pm and meat and seafood would trade from 9:30am to 7pm on weekdays and 9am to 7pm on weekends.
‘We’ve made a change to the trading hours of our fresh service counters nationwide, due to a shift in customer shopping behaviour. This includes our meat, seafood and deli counters.’
The spokesperson added that when those counters are shut, customers can still purchase similar products such as packaged meats elsewhere in the store.
A select number of stores will operate longer hours at its fresh service counters due to high customer demand.
Woolworths said the trading hour changes won’t affect many stores but the changes to the fresh food counters would affect most stores.
The supermarket giant has shortened the operating hours of its meat, deli and seafood departments (stock image)
Woolworths initially trialled the alterations to trading hours with a select number of stores in NSW in May before implementing the changes nationwide.
The supermarket giant will ‘monitor’ customer and staff feedback over the coming months.
It is recommended customers check the opening and closing hours of their local store here.
Changes to Woolworths stores
* Woolworths stores will either open one hour later or close one hour earlier.
* Trading hours should be identical across the country.
* Changes to trading hours won’t affect many stores.
* Signs will be put up in front of stores to inform customers of trading hours. Customers can alternatively check the Woolworths website.
* The deli counter will trade from 7am to 8pm.
* The seafood and meat counters will trade from 9:30am to 7pm on weekdays and 9am to 7pm on weekends.
* A select number of stores will operate longer hours at fresh service counters due to high customer demand.
* A Woolworths spokesperson said these changes were made because of a ‘shift in customer shopping behaviour’.