Is this the best Easter recipe ever? How to make a chocolate fondue platter using a hot cross bun LOAF from the supermarket – complete with marshmallows, meringue and fruit
- Woolworths has shared its simple recipe for an epic triple chocolate fondue loaf
- You’ll need a hot cross loaf, thickened cream and milk, white and dark chocolates
- Serve fondue on platter with fresh fruits, pretzels, meringues and marshmallows
With Easter fast approaching, Woolworths has delighted shoppers with its simple recipe for an epic triple chocolate fondue loaf.
To make the indulgent dessert platter, you’ll need a hot cross loaf, thickened cream, milk, white and dark chocolates, fresh fruits, pretzels, salted potato chips, mini meringues, marshmallows and wafers.
‘Use any treats you like for dipping into this fondue – pairing salty, crunchy, fruity and sweet for the perfect combination,’ the recipe said.
With Easter fast approaching, Woolworths has delighted shoppers with its simple recipe for an epic triple chocolate fondue loaf
The three-step recipe serves up to eight people so it’s the perfect treat for hosting a gathering with close friends and family over the long weekend.
Start by cutting three cubes in a row from the top of the hot cross loaf for dipping.
Melt the three chocolates – white, milk and dark – separately in its own saucepan with thickened cream until smooth, then pour into the square holes in the loaf.
Serve the fondue on a platter with your favourite treats you like for dipping.
Triple Chocolate Fondue Loaf
680g hot cross loaf
150g white chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup thickened cream
150g milk chocolate, chopped
150g dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups fresh fruit
60g salted potato chips
100g mini meringues
1. Cut 3 x 5cm squares (6cm-deep) from the top of hot cross loaf. Remove bread from squares and cut into cubes for dipping.
2. Place white chocolate, and 1/4 cup thickened cream in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until smooth and combined. Pour into one of the square holes in loaf. Repeat process twice more with milk chocolate and 1/4 thickened cream, then with dark chocolate and remaining thickened cream.
3. Serve fondue with fruit, pretzels, potato chips, meringues, marshmallows and wafers.
Ingredients can include an array of fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, apples, kiwis, as well as biscuits, and nuts.
Hot cross fruit loaves are available at the supermarket for $3.50 each or two for $6.
But if buns are more of your taste, there’s a range of flavours to choose from, including traditional, apple & cinnamon, fruits, mocha and even gluten free.