Woman caught up in love triangle gone wrong reveals bloody fight on her West Meadows Melbourne home

A woman caught-up in a bloody battle to the death in an alleged assassination gone wrong has recalled the moment she thought she would die. 

Silvana Silva and her boyfriend Michael Caposiena had been inside their West Meadows home, north of Melbourne, when Glen Cassidy knocked on the door armed with a revolver. 

Cassidy’s wife, Biannca Edmunds, 35, is accused of ordering him to execute Caposiena – the estranged father of her toddler son – after he expressed a desire to begin a relationship with the child.

Biannca Edmunds has been accused of directing her husband Glen Cassidy (both pictured) to kill Michael Caposiena

Biannca Edmunds leaves the Supreme Court of Victoria on Wednesday

Biannca Edmunds leaves the Supreme Court of Victoria on Wednesday 

Edmunds has pleaded not guilty in the Supreme Court of Victoria to his murder. 

On Wednesday, the jury heard harrowing evidence from Ms Silva, who witnessed what allegedly happened on March 12, 2016. 

‘I only had eyes to the gun. I was – I was – I was petrified when I saw the gun, I  couldn’t move, I couldn’t – I couldn’t think straight, I couldn’t do anything,’ she sobbed.

She told the jury Mr Caposiena had for some reason opened the home’s security door to his killer despite being so concerned for his welfare that he had armed himself with a large kitchen knife. 

The jury was shown bloody crime scene video and images of the aftermath of the pair’s final battle. 

Ms Silva alleged Cassidy had pushed her partner back and pointed the revolver at his head. 

While she never saw Mr Caposiena repeatedly plunge the knife into his attacker in his last moments of life, the jury was shown Cassidy’s corpse sprawled across the footpath just outside the home.

He had succumbed to massive blood loss after attempting to pulverise Ms Silva to death with his empty gun. 

‘I rushed to the door to scream for help. I just started screaming outside for help and that was when he pointed the gun towards my head as well and pulled the trigger,’ Ms Silva said. 

‘It didn’t work because I’m not sure if the gun was fully loaded.’

Biannca Edmunds is accused of ordering a brutal hit against her former partner in an effort to keep him out of their child's life

Biannca Edmunds is accused of ordering a brutal hit against her former partner in an effort to keep him out of their child’s life

Crime scene photos shown to the jury included a baseball cap found outside near where Cassidy’s body was found. 

It read: ‘The Reaper’. 

Just up the stairs leading to the front door, a piece of the handgun was found inside a pot plant. 

The gun had broken to pieces as Cassidy pounded it into Ms Silva’s head. 

‘Then he grabbed my hair and then started throwing my head, hitting my head on a step of the front porch, hitting my head several times,’ she told the jury. 

‘The first was face into the ground, then he turned … then kept hitting my head on the ground.’

Michael Caposiena died after he was shot in the head in March 2016

Michael Caposiena died after he was shot in the head in March 2016

Ms Silva said she was only saved by brave neighbours. 

Upon breaking free, Ms Silva went inside to find Mr Caposiena on the ground with a bullet through his brain. 

‘I tried everything I could to – to give him alive,’ she said. 

‘I tried to do CPR, I tried – I tried everything. I screamed and yelled for help.’

‘I remember saying, “Take – take this piece of sh*t out of my door because I need you guys inside here to help me out. My Michael’s dying”.

The knife Mr Caposiena used to stab Cassidy was pictured on the ground beside him. 

Ms Silva spent four days in hospital after the attack, of which she was initially suspected of carrying out herself. 

The court heard Cassidy had told neighbours in his dying breath that it was Ms Silva who had stabbed him. 

Ms Silva, 44, had met Mr Caposiena, aged 32 when he died, online in January 2013. 

The pair had enjoyed spending weekends together at his West Meadows home in the years before the attack. 

Biannca Edmunds has pleaded not guilty to murder

Biannca Edmunds has pleaded not guilty to murder 

Ms Silva told the court her partner had been keen to get access to his little boy, who was aged about three when his father was killed.

Mr Caposiena had recently enjoyed six supervised visits with his son and was due to front court to apply for unsupervised access. 

On Tuesday, the jury heard Edmunds was determined not to allow that to happen. 

Edmunds is accused of manipulating Cassidy to do her alleged evil bidding by using a deadly mix of scathing abuse and kinky sex. 

‘If you were a real man and you had any f**king balls, you’d go and deal with this bloke,’ Edmunds allegedly told Cassidy. 

‘You’re a spineless coward. You’re not a real man at all.’

The jury heard Edmunds also had plans to profit from her ex-partner’s demise by making a cruel legal challenge on his estate on behalf of their child.  

A court later ticked-off on half of the value of Mr Capasiena’s $600,000 estate despite Ms Silva still being alive. 

Biannca Edmunds (right) remains free on bail. She is pictured leaving the Supreme Court of Victoria on Wednesday

Biannca Edmunds (right) remains free on bail. She is pictured leaving the Supreme Court of Victoria on Wednesday 

The jury heard Edmunds allegedly told multiple people, including her own family members, that she had wanted Mr Capasiena killed. 

‘I want Michael out of the way, I want him gone, I wish he’d just leave us alone and not try for (their son),’ she allegedly said. 

The court heard Edmunds had routinely mocked Cassidy about his reluctance to do her bidding and had allegedly once asked an outlaw bikie to carry out the hit. 

A map found in Cassidy’s car was allegedly found to have Edmunds’ fingerprint on it. 

DNA found on the gun also allegedly contained traces of her DNA. 

The jury heard Edmunds had bragged about the bumbling police investigation after they interviewed her nine months after the killing. 

‘Thank God they didn’t find Glen’s laptop out in the garage. They’ve taken the wrong one,’ Edmunds told her sister. 

Police had also failed to extract a series of recorded conversations off Cassidy’s phone, but when they returned to retrieve it a year later armed with new technology, Edmunds still had it in her possession. 

The jury heard Edmunds had been confident cops would swallow an alibi that placed her in Shepparton – in Victoria’s north – at the time of the murder. 

Cassidy had supposedly sent her a well worded text message taking full responsibility for what he was about to do. 

Crown prosecutor Neill Hutton told the jury Edmunds had also made admissions to her new boyfriend, who she hooked-up with not long after Cassidy was killed. 

‘She had it planned all perfectly. He knew where to get away. He shouldn’t have even known he was coming,’ Edmunds allegedly told her lover. 

‘She talked about a map and  described it … then she started saying: “the police accused my of typing a text message for Glen”, and she said she had to type it because “Glen couldn’t spell for sh*t.’

Edmunds’ barrister John Kelly, SC told the jury his client denied all of the allegations against her and claimed he could explain how her fingerprint and DNA was allegedly found on incriminating items. 

The trial continues. 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk