The biggest divorce since Bezos: Bill and Melinda Gates will have to divide his Microsoft fortune which made him the world’s youngest billionaire at 31 – before he pledged to give it away rather than leave it to his kids
- Bill and Melinda Gates are worth an estimated $130 billion, according to Forbes
- The couple, who married in 1994, have their main $125 million home in Seattle
- They also own a $43 million estate in Del Mar, California
- The pair own a private jet and have a jaw-dropping art collection
- The couple have three children – Jennifer, 25; Phoebe, 18; and Rory, 21
Bill and Melinda Gates’ divorce will be the largest division of assets since Jeff Bezos and his wife MacKenzie split in mid 2019.
The Gateses are worth an estimated $130 billion, making them the third-richest people in the world, behind Bezos and Elon Musk.
When the Bezos divorce was finalized in July 2019, she received $38.3 billion worth of Amazon stock – making her the richest woman in the world.
Like the Gates, they had been married for decades: the Bezoses for 25 years, and the Gateses for 27 years.
MacKenzie Bezos had also been heavily involved in the early days of their company, Amazon – much like how Melinda Gates played a senior role at Microsoft.
The Gateses, who have three children – Jennifer, 25; Phoebe, 18; and Rory, 21 – have their main home in Washington state, on the outskirts of Seattle.
Bill and Melinda Gates, pictured in November 2019 with Jennifer, Phoebe and Rory
They also own property in California, Florida, Wyoming and Massachusetts.
In addition, they have a private jet and an astonishing art collection. He also owns a fleet of fast cars.