Texas Rep Tony Gonzalez: Uvalde gunman was arrested 4 years ago for threatening to shoot up school


BREAKING NEWS: Texas Rep. Tony Gonzales says Uvalde gunman was arrested FOUR YEARS ago after telling people he planned to ‘shoot up a school once he’s a senior in 2022’

  • Tony Gonzales said on Friday that Salvador Ramos was arrested four years ago when he was a juvenile
  • He claimed the then 14-year-old told people: ‘When I’m a senior in 2022, I am going to shoot up a school’ 
  • Officials have not yet confirmed whether the teenager had a criminal record 
  • Gonzales said Ramos was arrested along with a friend 
  • Gonzales says Ramos spent time in a juvenile correctional facility 
  • Gov Greg Abbott said on Wednesday that he couldn’t confirm whether the shooter had a juvenile record 
  • He legally purchased the two AR-15s he used in the attack last week after his 18th birthday 

Texas Republican Tony Gonzalez has said Salvador Ramos, the gunman in the Uvalde shooting, was arrested four years ago as a minor after telling people he planned to shoot up a school once he turned 18. 

Gonzalez made the claims on FOX News on Friday morning. 

‘This wasn’t hearsay. I got this late last night: ‘The shooter was arrested years ago, four years ago, for having this plan for basically saying, for saying, you know, when I’m a senior in 2022, I am going to shoot up a school.’

There are new claims that Salvador Ramos was arrested as a juvenile after telling people he planned to ‘shoot up a school in 2022 when he was a senior’ 

Texas Republican Tony Gonzalez has said Salvador Ramos, the gunman in the Uvalde shooting, was arrested four years ago as a minor after telling people he planned to shoot up a school once he turned 18

Texas Republican Tony Gonzalez has said Salvador Ramos, the gunman in the Uvalde shooting, was arrested four years ago as a minor after telling people he planned to shoot up a school once he turned 18

‘Something fell between the cracks between then and now to allow this to happen. We need to shake out all the facts. 

‘We need to figure out what happened. Where the holes and we need to make sure it doesn’t happen again. 

‘But if law enforcement, you know, identified him four years ago as a threat, we need to figure out why he wasn’t – you know, how he got removed from that,’ he said.

Gonzales later added: ‘I’m under the impression that him and another person were having a conversation, plotting things out. 

‘The police looked into it and arrested him. He went to juvenile, from what I can gather, he went to a correctional facility.’ 

At his press briefing on Wednesday, Gov. Greg Abbott admitted that police did not yet know whether Ramos had a juvenile record. 

The teenager legally purchased the two guns he used in Tuesday’s attack within days of turning 18 last week.



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk