Strictly’s Maisie Smith and HRVY ‘break social distancing as they arrive at It Takes Two TOGETHER’


Strictly Come Dancing stars Maisie Smith and HRVY have been spotted breaking the show’s social distancing rules during filming for It Takes Two, just hours after Nicola Adams and Katya Jones were axed.

The BBC show has been thrown into chaos after Katya learned she’d tested positive for COVID-19, with sources claiming she’s convinced she caught the virus while visiting a sandwich shop during training.

Maisie, 19, and HRVY, 21, who have repeatedly sparked speculation of a backstage romance, were seen standing far less then two metres from each other as they arrived to film the BBC spin-off show. 

Reports: Pictures showed the pair failing to keep at least two metres apart as they arrived for filming

Oh dear! Strictly Come Dancing stars Maisie Smith and HRVY have been spotted breaking the show’s social distancing rules during filming for It Takes Two

In the pictures obtained by The Sun, Maisie and HRVY were seen arriving to film It Takes Two together, despite the government’s requirement of maintaining at least two metres distance to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

The pair were seen chatting to their professional partners Gorka Marquez and Janette Manrara after speaking to Gethin Jones on It Takes Two ahead of their next performance on Saturday.

A source told MailOnline: ‘The stars are being reminded that they must stay at least two metres apart.

‘It’s hard to maintain, as everyone knows, but it’s more important than ever now for Strictly that everyone stays as far apart as possible.’

MailOnline has contacted representatives for Strictly Come Dancing, Maisie Smith and HRVY for comment. 

Drama: The BBC show has been thrown into chaos after Katya tested positive for COVID-19, with sources claiming she's convinced she caught the virus while visiting a sandwich shop

Drama: The BBC show has been thrown into chaos after Katya tested positive for COVID-19, with sources claiming she’s convinced she caught the virus while visiting a sandwich shop

BBC have introduced strict new guidelines for this year’s couples to ensure they are kept safe during filming, which have included couples forming their own separate bubbles so the can train and perform.

However celebrities and pros from separate bubbles are not allowed to mix during filming or backstage, and must maintain social distancing at all times.

In the early hours of Sunday morning HRVY and Maisie were spotted leaving the Strictly studios just one minute apart, after performing in the show’s Movie Week.

The pair were the last to leave Elstree Studios, with HRVY departing at 4:36am before being closely followed by Maisie in a separate car at 4:37am. 

It came after Maisie described HRVY, with whom she has been repeatedly linked, as a ‘beautiful-looking guy’. 

HRVY previously hinted at a possible romance with the actress in his OK! magazine column as he told how he’s ‘a little excited to see how things blossom’.

Sources also claim the pair have made an instant connection on the show, with an insider telling The Sun: ‘There is chemistry between Maisie and HRVY, both single, and they exchanged texts. 

Reports: Maisie has previously described HRVY, with whom she has been repeatedly linked, as a 'beautiful-looking guy' (pictured dancing with pro Gorka)

Reports: Maisie has previously described HRVY, with whom she has been repeatedly linked, as a ‘beautiful-looking guy’ (pictured dancing with pro Gorka)

Questions: HRVY previously hinted at a possible romance with the actress in his OK! magazine column as he told how he's 'a little excited to see how things blossom' (pictured with Janette)

Questions: HRVY previously hinted at a possible romance with the actress in his OK! magazine column as he told how he’s ‘a little excited to see how things blossom’ (pictured with Janette)

The pair’s sighting comes just hours after it was revealed that Nicola and Katya had been forced to pull out of the show after the professional dancer tested positive for COVID-19.

Boxer Nicola will now have to isolate for two weeks which meant she couldn’t continue with the competition, as COVID-19 guidelines wouldn’t allow to be paired up with another pro.

Katya was stunned to learn she’s tested positive as she didn’t display any symptoms, and is now convinced she must have caught the virus in a sandwich shop after telling bosses she hasn’t been mixing with others as she lives alone. 

She and Nicola trained together on Monday and Tuesday – and Katya tested positive that day, according to sources. 

A source close to Nicola told MailOnline: ‘She’s hoping her Strictly dream is not over. 

‘There’s lots of hurdles to overcome but if it’s possible she can compete with Katya in the 2021 series, Nicola will want to make it happen.’

Gutted: The sighting comes hours after Nicola and Katya were forced to pull out of the show following news the dancer had tested positive for COVID-19

Gutted: The sighting comes hours after Nicola and Katya were forced to pull out of the show following news the dancer had tested positive for COVID-19

While the Strictly cast have been in social bubbles, they are allowed to continue their daily business as normal, with insiders now claiming ‘furious’ BBC bosses have vowed to tighten the rules for the remaining celebs.

A Strictly representative confirmed to MailOnline that bosses are not launching an investigation into how Katya contracted the virus as there is no way to indicate where she may have caught it.  

They added that as the dancer lives alone and has only been leaving her house to train, she hasn’t been socialising with others.  

This also means that the Strictly final next month will feature just four couples instead of the planned five.

An insider has claimed to The Sun though that top bosses at the BBC have insisted the pro dancer ‘must have broken the strict guidelines’ and are furious that others are now at risk. 

The insider went on to say that at least four members of the show’s crew were now in isolation after coming into contact with Katya. 

A source said: ‘The BBC’s top brass are mutinous.  It’s been drummed into everyone that they need to follow protocol at all times – and some are saying that Katya has clearly broken the rules.

Drama: Sources are now claiming that BBC bosses have insisted Katya 'must have broken the strict guidelines' and are furious that others are now at risk

Drama: Sources are now claiming that BBC bosses have insisted Katya ‘must have broken the strict guidelines’ and are furious that others are now at risk

‘Katya has been living alone at her flat and people have speculated whether she caught it when she went to grab a coffee and sandwich from shops during a break in training.

‘The BBC have since spoken to all the celebs and dancers and they’ve been told to bring in packed lunches from now on.’

The source added this year’s stars are now paranoid they may have contracted the virus as Katya was asymptomatic, with celebrities telling their families to get supermarket deliveries and isolate as much as they can. 

Strictly bosses later confirmed in a statement that Nicola cannot return next series as she would have an ‘unfair advantage’ over the other celebrities  

Strictly introduced strict new measures to ensure filming could continue in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, including regular testing and placing the couples in separate ‘bubbles’ so they can train and perform together.

These ‘bubbles’ mean that any celebrity can openly mix, train and perform with their professional partner and vice versa, but they are prohibited from mixing with anyone from outside of their bubble during filming or training.

Strictly’s ‘bubble’ system 

Strictly introduced strict new measures to ensure filming could continue in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, including regular testing and placing the couples in separate ‘bubbles’ so they can train and perform together.

These ‘bubbles’ mean that any celebrity can openly mix, train and perform with their professional partner and vice versa, but they are prohibited from mixing with anyone from outside of their bubble during filming or training.

Despite these new restrictions, and some celebrities having to live alone while taking part in the series, they are not limited from going to public spaces such as shops and parks.

In some cases stars have been living alone while the other half of their pair can stay with their family or household. 

This series also became the first in the show’s history to air without a live audience after England was plunged into a month-long lockdown. 

This year has already seen the pros pre-record all of their group performances while isolating together in a hotel as one bubble, before being separated to join up with their celebrity partners, and thus forming their own separate bubbles. 

Tragic: Strictly bosses confirmed Nicola and Katya's departure in a statement they posted on social media on Thursday

Tragic: Strictly bosses confirmed Nicola and Katya’s departure in a statement they posted on social media on Thursday

Despite these new restrictions, and some celebrities having to live alone while taking part in the series, they are not limited from going to public spaces such as shops and parks.

In some cases stars have been living alone while the other half of their pair can stay with their family or household. 

This series also became the first in the show’s history to air without a live audience after England was plunged into a month-long lockdown. 

This year has already seen the pros pre-record all of their group performances while isolating together in a hotel as one bubble, before being separated to join up with their celebrity partners, and thus forming their own separate bubbles.

Shortly after Strictly confirmed news of the couple’s exit, Katya posted on Instagram that her ‘heart is broken’, before paying tribute to her partner.  

Dynamic duo: Nicola and Katya were Strictly's first ever same-sex pairing, and made history when they performed in the first live show last month

Dynamic duo: Nicola and Katya were Strictly’s first ever same-sex pairing, and made history when they performed in the first live show last month 

Nicola and Katya’s Best Moments 

Nicola Adams and Katya Jones made history when they became the show’s first ever same-sex pairing.

Their partnership was announced during the launch show last month, with Katya gushing: ‘I think the beauty of this partnership is… it’s never been done before on Strictly. So, basically, we’re free to do what we want, there’s not really any set rules!’

For their first dance Nicola and Katya danced the quickstep to Get Happy by Ella Fitzgerald, earning a solid score of 21 points out of 30.

The duo were praised as ‘absolute dynamite’ and a ‘fantastic partnership,’ with many viewers moved to tears at the sight of a same-sex pairing on the show.

Week Two saw Nicola and Katya dance a Couples’ Choice to Shine by Years & Years, which documented the sports star’s journey to boxing success.

They scored 24 points out of 30, with the performance praised for ‘letting go’ and telling the story of Nicola’s life.

Nicola and Katya’s final dance came during Movie Week, with the pair dancing a Jive to Greased Lightnin from Grease, scoring just 19 points out of 30.

The score left them second-bottom on the leaderboard, and they were forced to compete with Jason Bell and Luba Mushtuk in the dance-off, but they were saved by the judges after performing their jive for the second time.

A Strictly spokesperson confirmed to MailOnline that Katya is asymptomatic and the pair are now self-isolating separately following the latest government guidelines.  

Nicola said in a statement: ‘Hey guys! I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon. I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for! 

‘But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for. She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it’s been an incredible experience. 

‘I’m gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the COVID measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I’m doing what I can to help. 

‘I’ll be spending the next 14 days isolating so I’d like to apologise in advance for the ridiculous amount of TikToks I’ll be posting, in my new found free time when I’m not gaming!’

Safe: Strictly bosses introduced a strict 'bubble' system this series so couples could train and perform together, but celebrities and dancers were banned from mixing with other pairs

Safe: Strictly bosses introduced a strict ‘bubble’ system this series so couples could train and perform together, but celebrities and dancers were banned from mixing with other pairs

Katya said: ‘Dancing with Nicola has been an absolute inspiration. She’s given her all each and every week and we were so excited to create more dances in the competition. 

‘Of course, I’m devastated to leave this way but I’ve made a friend for life and loved every moment of this special journey. I’d like to wish good luck to all the remaining couples!’  

Sarah James, Strictly Come Dancing Executive Producer added: ‘We are incredibly sad that these unfortunate circumstances mean that Nicola and Katya are unable to continue on Strictly. 

‘They are a brilliant partnership and had already achieved so much during their time on the show. 

‘We’d like to thank them for their commitment and although their time in the competition has sadly come to an end we are hopeful that there will be opportunities for them to dance again in the future.’  

Recovered: Days before the series began, there had been doubts over whether HRVY would be able to compete, as he tested positive for coronavirus

Recovered: Days before the series began, there had been doubts over whether HRVY would be able to compete, as he tested positive for coronavirus

Celebrity contestants and their professional partners are tested regularly, with cast and crew told to isolate should they contract the virus.

It was confirmed before the series began that if any celebrity tested positive once the series began they would be dropped from the show, with reports saying there are celebrities on stand-by. 

How is Strictly 2020 going ahead during the COVID-19 pandemic? 

Strictly Come Dancing has introduced an array of strict measures to ensure the new series can go ahead during the COVID-19 crisis.

Celebrity contestants and their professional partners are tested regularly, with cast and crew told to isolate should they contract the virus.

Bosses have already confirmed any celebrity that tests positive once the series begins will be dropped from the show, with reports saying there are celebrities on stand-by.

The professional dancers have already pre-recorded their group performances after isolating together in a hotel.

It’s also been claimed that celebrities and pros will be axed from the show if they are caught kissing during filming.

Strictly 2020 has also seen the series run shortened to just nine weeks, with 12 celebrities taking part instead of the usual 15.

The show’s annual trip to Blackpool has been cancelled, along with this year’s Halloween and Christmas specials.

Only three judges – Craig Revel Horwood, Shirley Ballas and Motsi Mabuse – will be in the studio with separate rostrums, after Bruno Tonioli was unable to appear due to travel concerns. 

Veteran judge Bruno has said he will be ‘involved remotely’ and hopes to return full-time towards the end of the series as he is filming the US version of the show in Los Angeles. 

With limited studio crew, big sets may not be built – so producers will use augmented reality, which adds computer-generated elements.

To ensure the contestants can work closely with their partners, they will ‘bubble up’ to train, along with being tested regularly. 

Strictly will still feature a live audience, however fans will sit in groups on separate tables, and will only attend if from the same household or bubble.

It’s also been claimed that celebrities and pros will be axed from the show if they are caught kissing during filming.

Strictly 2020 has also seen the series run shortened to just nine weeks, with 12 celebrities taking part instead of the usual 15.

The show’s annual trip to Blackpool has been cancelled, along with this year’s Halloween and Christmas specials.

Only three judges – Craig Revel Horwood, Shirley Ballas and Motsi Mabuse – will be in the studio with separate rostrums, after Bruno Tonioli was unable to appear due to travel concerns.

Veteran judge Bruno has said he will be ‘involved remotely’ and hopes to return full-time towards the end of the series as he is filming the US version of the show in Los Angeles.

With limited studio crew, big sets may not be built – so producers will use augmented reality, which adds computer-generated elements. 

This isn’t the first time, the show has been blighted with coronavirus concerns. 

Days before the series began, there had been doubts over whether singer HRVY would be able to compete, as he tested positive for coronavirus.  

A source previously said his positive test was ‘the worst-case scenario for Strictly, as they’ve gone to extreme lengths to make the show safe up to this point’.

A spokesman for the show insisted all celebrities on the show are ‘tested regularly’ and claimed that the positive test has had ‘minimal impact on production’.

After it was announced HRVY had coronavirus, he tweeted: ‘Morning guys, just a little thought. I’m only 21 and in good health so it just shows that being young doesn’t make you invincible, so make sure you wear a mask please, have a good day.’

Weeks before, a crew member also contracted coronavirus.

A spokesman for Strictly told MailOnline : ‘We can confirm that a member of the Strictly team has tested positive for coronavirus and they are now self-isolating at home following the latest government guidelines.

‘We have rigorous protocols in place to manage Covid-19 as the safety of all those involved in the production is paramount.

‘We briefed that we are still in pre-production and all celebs are tested regularly. We said we would not reveal the name of individual for private health reasons but they are feeling well.

‘We also briefed that the celeb will be taking part in the launch show (pending a negative test result) and that they only came into contact with a handful of production crew, who were then isolated and tested, therefore minimal impact on production.’ 

In a recent Q and A, executive producer Sarah James shed light on the show’s contingency plans in light of the pandemic and insisted she’s ‘confident’ the competition series will go ahead even if the current coronavirus restrictions change. 

The professionals spent two weeks in September isolating in a Buckinghamshire hotel so they could rehearse the group numbers.

The news of Katya’s positive test came hours after Rylan Clark-Neal revealed he’ll miss filming for Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two for two weeks after being forced to self-isolate.

The presenter, 32, tweeted a statement telling fans he’d come into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, and after seeking a test has tested negative himself. 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk