Horror at Bondi Beach as man dies after being pulled from the water unconscious: Five mates desperately tried to save him
- Man in his 20s died after getting into trouble spear fishing in Sydney
- He was pulled from the water at Bondi Beach around 4pm on Thursday
- His friends attempted CPR on him after they pulled him onto the rocks
- Lifesavers then quickly brought the man back to the beach on the jet ski
- Five other people who had been spear fishing with the man who died
A spear fisherman has died after being pulled unconscious from the water at Bondi Beach.
The man got into trouble at the famous swimming spot at about 4pm on Thursday.
His friends attempted CPR on the rocks at North Bondi before lifesavers took him onto the beach via a jet ski and continued their attempts to revive him.
He was rushed to St Vincent’s Hospital but couldn’t be saved.
Man in his 20s has died after getting into trouble while spear fishing at North Bondi around 4pm on Thursday afternoon
The man was found unconscious and was pulled to the out of the water and onto the rocks before his friends attempted CPR
The Toll Ambulance Helicopter’s medical team landed on the sand and treated the man at the scene before taking him by ambulance to St Vincent’s Hospital in a critical condition.
Five other people who had been spear fishing with the man were assessed by NSW Ambulance paramedics at the scene.
NSW Ambulance Inspector Giles Buchanan said: ‘This was a very traumatic experience for this man’s friends and we commend their quick response in trying to assist their friend.’
Five other people who had been spear fishing with the man were assessed by NSW Ambulance paramedics at the scene