Princess Beatrice ‘is caught flouting Covid rules enjoying indoor meal with five friends’


Princess Beatrice is accused of flouting Covid rules by ‘joining five friends for three-hour indoor dinner at posh  restaurant’ – but she insists it was a BUSINESS MEETING

  • Princess Beatrice, 32, was seen with husband Edoardo Mozzi, 37, and 4 others
  • Were photographed in n luxury Mayfair restaurant Isabel on Wednesday night 
  • Under Tier 2 lockdown, only members of the same household can gather indoors
  • Dinner has been brushed off as an ‘introductory work meeting’ by royal sources 
  • Other diners said event looked ‘very social’ and alcohol was seen on their table 
  • Beatrice took picture with friend Peter Dundas which breached social distancing
  • Princess Beatrice was last night accused of breaking coronavirus lockdown rules by dining out with members of different households in a London restaurant.

    The 32-year-old royal was seen with her property developer husband Edoardo Mozzi, 37, and four other people in luxury Mayfair restaurant Isabel on Wednesday night. 

    Under the capital’s strict Tier 2 lockdown rules, only members of the same household can gather indoors – including in restaurants. 

    The three-hour dinner has been brushed off as an ‘introductory work meeting’ by royal sources – which would make it permissible under current rules.

    But other diners said the event looked ‘very social’ and alcohol was seen on the Princess’s table.

    At one point in the evening, Beatrice – the ninth in line to the throne – took a picture with her fashion-designer friend Peter Dundas in which the mask-wearing pair breached social distancing rules.

    He shared the picture online saying it was good to ‘catch up’ with the Princess.

    Her property developer husband Edoardo Mozzi, 37, (pictured, with the Princess in Mayfair earlier this month) also attended the dinner

    Princess Beatrice breached social distancing rules by posing with her Norwegian friend Peter Dundas (left) in Mayfair. Her property developer husband Edoardo Mozzi, 37, (right, with the Princess in Mayfair earlier this month) also attended the dinner

    A fellow restaurant goer – who asked not to be named – told The Sun: ‘I couldn’t believe my eyes. If the Royal Family can’t get coronavirus rules right, what hope for the rest of us?’

    They added: ‘There is a very serious side to this and Beatrice deserves a ticking off.’   

    London’s infection rate per 100,000 people stood at 191.8 on December 6, up from 158.1 the previous week.

    The three-hour dinner at Isabel (pictured) has been brushed off as an 'introductory work meeting' by royal sources - which would make it permissible under current rules

    The three-hour dinner at Isabel (pictured) has been brushed off as an ‘introductory work meeting’ by royal sources – which would make it permissible under current rules

    The figures put it ahead of regions such as the West Midlands, which are already in Tier 3. 

    Beatrice is not a working member of the royal family and instead  works for American software company Afiniti as ‘vice president of partnerships and strategy’.

    A manager at Isabel said he wasn’t working on the night the royal came in, but stressed that the restaurant follows all the guidance put forward by the Government.

    He said if a group is understood to not be living under the same roof they would not be granted a table.

    Beatrice (pictured) is not a working member of the royal family and instead works for American software company Afiniti as 'vice president of partnerships and strategy'

    Beatrice (pictured) is not a working member of the royal family and instead works for American software company Afiniti as ‘vice president of partnerships and strategy’

    Sky News presenter Kay Burley has agreed to be off air for six months after breaching coronavirus rules. Pictured: Kay Burley hugging and Beth Rigby (centre in red) at Ms Burley's 60th birthday party on Saturday

    Sky News presenter Kay Burley has agreed to be off air for six months after breaching coronavirus rules. Pictured: Kay Burley hugging and Beth Rigby (centre in red) at Ms Burley’s 60th birthday party on Saturday

    A photographer caught the moment the party of ten spilled out on to the streets of Soho following their dinner

    A photographer caught the moment the party of ten spilled out on to the streets of Soho following their dinner

    It follows the news that Sky News presenter Kay Burley broke lockdown rules by attending her 60th birthday party in central London with nine other diners – before using a different restaurant’s bathroom after the 11pm curfew.

    Miss Burley then continued the party at her Knightsbridge home with three others. 

    She has been taken off air for six months following an internal investigation by Sky. 

    Rita Ora flew by private jet to Cairo on November 21 to perform at the five-star W Hotel. She returned the next day and under Government quarantine rules should have self-isolated for 14 days

    Rita Ora flew by private jet to Cairo on November 21 to perform at the five-star W Hotel. She returned the next day and under Government quarantine rules should have self-isolated for 14 days

    Rita Ora threw a birthday party on November 28 at the exclusive Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, West London, pictured

    Rita Ora threw a birthday party on November 28 at the exclusive Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, West London, pictured 

    Kay Burley’s rule flouting followed reports that pop star Rita Ora did not self-isolate for 14 days after flying to Egypt for an event – forcing the singer to issue a second apology.  

    The 30-year-old singer flew by private jet to Cairo on November 21 to perform at the five-star W Hotel. 

    She returned the next day and under Government quarantine rules should have self-isolated for 14 days. 

    Instead, she threw a birthday party on November 28 at the exclusive Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, west London. 

    Ms Ora apologised after she and around 30 guests were photographed at the event before the end of the second national lockdown.

    Cara and Poppy Delevingne as well as TOWIE star Vas Morgan, 31, and Rita’s sister Elena, 32, were all seen at the venue.

    Read more at DailyMail.co.uk