Oscar-winner Kevin Spacey, 62, will appear at UK court on Thursday charged with four sex attacks


Oscar-winner Kevin Spacey, 62, will appear at UK court on Thursday charged with four sex attacks on three men in London and Gloucestershire

Kevin Spacey will appear in court on Thursday charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men in London and Gloucestershire.

The Oscar-winning actor, 62, is accused of four counts of sexual assault against three men between 2005 and 2013.

Spacey is also charged with a single count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent against one of the same three men after the Metropolitan Police opened a criminal probe in 2017.

The offences are alleged to have taken place while he was the artistic director of the Old Vic theatre.

He will stand charged with the offences at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Thursday. 

The Crown Prosecution Service authorised charges against him last month, but Spacey could only be charged once he had travelled to the UK.

British prosecutors had suggested they would try and extradite the actor from the US, but he will appear in court voluntarily. 

In a statement released to Good Morning America after the Crown Prosecution Service announcement last month, Spacey said he was ‘confident’ he will prove his innocence.

The Oscar-winning actor, 62, is accused of four counts of sexual assault against three men between 2005 and 2013

Spacey pictured leaving court in New York City last month after testifying in a civil lawsuit

Spacey pictured leaving court in New York City last month after testifying in a civil lawsuit

The statement added: ‘I very much appreciate the Crown Prosecution Service’s statement in which they carefully reminded the media and the public that I am entitled to a fair trial, and innocent until proven otherwise.

‘While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the U.K. as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence.’

The Crown Prosecution Service said last month that one man, now in his 40s, claims he was sexually assaulted by Spacey twice in March 2005.

A second man, now in his 30s, claims that in August 2008 he was sexually assaulted and then forced to engage in a sex act against his will. All these alleged incidents took place in London.

The third complainant, now in his 30s, alleges he was sexually assaulted in April 2013 in Gloucestershire.

A spokesperson for the Met said today: ‘A man has been charged following a Met investigation into allegations of non-recent sexual offences.

‘Kevin Spacey Fowler, 62, has been formally charged today with four counts of sexual assault against three men. 

‘He has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

‘He is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates Court at 10am on Thursday, 16 June.’

Spacey, the star of some of Hollywood’s biggest hits of the past three decades as well as TV shows such as House of Cards, was artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre in London between 2004 and 2015.

He has won two Oscars. The first was in 1995 for Best Supporting Actor in The Usual Suspects for his role as gangster Keyser Söze.

In 1999 he took the Best Actor gong for his role in American Beauty, where he played Lester Burnham, an advertising executive who has a midlife crisis and becomes infatuated with his teenage daughter’s best friend.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk