Nigel Farage has broken his silence on whether he will be going on this year’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
The politician, 59, is set to join the likes of Josie Gibson and Danny Cipriani on the reality show next month.
And Nigel shocked viewers by saying he would make a ‘definitive answer’ in the next 48-hours on GB News on Monday night.
He claims that he has been offered ‘substantial sums’ by ITV and admitted he is tempted by the mega-money offer to star in next month’s show.
The former UKIP boss said: ‘I will tell you why – you have got about 10 million young people every night who watch that programme.
Speaking out: Nigel Farage has broken his silence on whether he will be going on this year’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
Deal: It is not yet clear how much Farage will earn for his appearance, though rumours suggest he could pocket up to £1m (Hosts Ant and Dec pictured)
He continued: ‘These are people that may not watch the news or read the newspapers.
‘But they still care about their country. Young people’s futures have been blighted and they are looking for solutions.
‘So in my mind, if I was to do it, I would be able to connect with that audience, because believe you me they all watch I’m a Celebrity.
‘There are downsides to doing it as well. I haven’t absolutely made my mind up – but I am in talks contractually and there will be a definitive answer within the next 48 hours.’
It comes after former Made In Chelsea star Georgia – known best as Toff – managed Nigel’s big money deal after she won the show in 2017.
She owns the company Visionary Talent Agency – VTA – and personally managed negotiations.
It is not yet clear how much Farage will earn for his appearance, though rumours suggest he could pocket up to £1m.
An ITV insider said: ‘It was certainly a first, a former I’m A Celeb winner brokering a deal for another contestant.
‘Nigel has been offered the chance to go to the jungle several times but Toff has made it happen this time. Everyone involved in the deal is thrilled.
‘It is most definitely a goodie.’
Money: It comes after former Made In Chelsea star Georgia – known best as Toff – managed the big money deal after she won the show in 2017
Queens of the jungle: Last year former Lioness Jill Scott (pictured centre) won the crown and title
Toff, 29, was crowned Queen of the Jungle six years ago, beating off actor Jamie Lomas and DJ Iain Lee in the final.
But she now owns the VTA which has offices in both London and Los Angeles.
Farage is said to have been invited on the show ‘several times’ in the past, with TV bosses hoping his controversial and polarising image would spark engaging camp discussions and boost viewers.
A source said: ‘Nigel has been at the top of the wish-list for I’m A Celeb bosses for years.
‘They’ve offered him a huge fee as they know he’ll drive up viewing figures. Ant and Dec will love this signing.
‘Nigel’s the ultimate Marmite character and won’t hold back in camp discussions.’
While his fee has not been revealed, it is suggested he may be set to earn a similar total to Boy George, who was speculated to have earned £900,000 during his jungle stint last year.
Producers believe signing Farage will ensure another successful season, especially after the attention garnered by former Health Secretary Matt Hancock who took part last year.
Regarding his previous stance on I’m A Celebrity, the former Ukip leader had publicly declined multiple offers, expressing concerns about the show’s potentially humiliating nature.
However, he also acknowledged that one should never say never.
Speaking on his GB News show last year, Farage said: ‘I have been approached several times by I’m a Celebrity . . . Get Me Out of Here! and I’ve always ruled it out.
‘I’ve never thought it would be a good thing to do.
‘I thought it’s all rather humiliating, frankly. But I suppose you can never ever say never.’
Farage follows in the footsteps of other prominent political figures to enter the jungle, including Nadine Dorries, Edwina Currie, and Stanley Johnson.
The lineup for this year’s I’m A Celebrity is yet to be announced with ITV saying any names suggested ‘are speculation’ – but rumours are that jockey Frankie Dettori is tipped to be heading to Australia , as well as This Morning presenter Josie Gibson who is thought to have been offered a six figure deal .
First Dates’ Fred Sirieix is also rumoured to be ‘in talks’ to star in the show.