Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly alleges Fiorentina fans called him a ‘f***ing monkey’ in Serie A match


Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly alleges Fiorentina fans called him a ‘f***ing monkey’ during their Serie A match on Sunday and demands the culprits are banned 

  • Three Napoli players received racist abuse at Fiorentina, say reports in Italy 
  • Kalidou Koulibaly was doing a post-match interview when he challenged culprits
  • Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa and Victor Osimhen also received abuse
  • The three players received an apology from Fiorentina chief Joe Barone
  • Koulibaly said on Monday that the Fiorentina fans called him a ‘f***ing monkey’  

Kalidou Koulibaly has revealed Fiorentina supporters allegedly called him a ‘f***ing monkey’ after their Serie A match on Sunday night.

The Napoli centre-back was giving a post-match interview when, according to reports in Italy, vile chants directed at him, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa and Victor Osimhen emanated from a section of the Fiorentina crowd.

Defender Koulibaly stopped at the tunnel and challenged the culprits after hearing an alleged slur, Italian outlet Il Napolista said, while Fiorentina director general Joe Barone personally apologised to the three Napoli players.

Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly (right) has revealed Fiorentina fans called him a ‘f***ing monkey’

The racial slur was allegedly made after their Napoli's 2-1 win at Fiorentina on Sunday night

The racial slur was allegedly made after their Napoli’s 2-1 win at Fiorentina on Sunday night

The Senegalese defender has now revealed the exact specifics of what the Fiorentina fans were allegedly saying and has called for them to be banned from football matches in future. 

‘”F***ing monkey”, that’s what they called me,’ Koulibaly said on Instagram. ‘These people have nothing to do with sport. They need to be identified and kept out of the stadiums – forever.’

Meanwhile, striker Osimhen also took to Twitter after the match to urge people to discuss racism.

Fiorentina chief Joe Barone (left) apologised to three Napoli players who were racially abused

Fiorentina chief Joe Barone (left) apologised to three Napoli players who were racially abused

Koulibaly (right) was said to have been racially abused along with striker Victor Osimhen (left)

Koulibaly (right) was said to have been racially abused along with striker Victor Osimhen (left)

The Nigeria star wrote: ‘Speak to your kids, your parents, make them understand how disgusting it is to hate an individual because of the color of their skin. NO TO RACISM’.

Napoli’s official Twitter account retweeted Osimhen’s plea following the latest racist incident in Italy, and journalist Carlo Alvino said that the Federal Prosecutor had spoken to Koulibaly, with Napoli reportedly calling for an ‘uncompromising’ response. 

On the pitch on Sunday night, Napoli came from behind at the Stadio Artemio Franchi to make it seven league wins out of seven for the season.

Andre-Frank Zambo-Anguissa (middle) also received an apology from Fiorentina chief Barone

Andre-Frank Zambo-Anguissa (middle) also received an apology from Fiorentina chief Barone

Hirving Lozano brought them level after Lucas Martinez Quarta scored the opener for Fiorentina, then Osimhen almost scored with an overhead kick.

Amir Rrahmani went one better in the 50th minute, bagging the winner to keep Napoli top of the table by two points over AC Milan. Luciano Spalletti’s soaring side are the only team in Europe’s top five leagues with a 100 percent record this season.

Last month, AC Milan filed a complaint to the prosecutor accusing Lazio supporters of racially abusing Tiemoue Bakayoko and Franck Kessie.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk