Moment ventilator bursts into flames on Covid ward in India as hospital workers evacuate patients


Moment a ventilator bursts into flames on a Covid ward in India as hazmat-suited hospital workers rush to evacuate patients

  • Footage shows four medics dressed in hazmats in a hospital in Vadodara, India 
  • The fire happened at around 9:45pm on September 8 in SSG Hospital’s ICU unit 
  • A fireball flame sparks from the ventilator and engulfs the whole room in smoke

This is the horrifying moment a ventilator catches fire inside a Covid-19 ward and sent the patients running for their lives.  

The footage shows four medics, who are dressed in hazmats, surrounding a patient on a hospital bed in Vadodara, India.  

A man, who is lying on one of the beds, is helped up by staff and carried away as smoke starts pouring from the machine.    

A ventilator caught fire inside a Covid-19 ward in SSG Hospital’s ICU unit in Vadodara, India as four medics dressed in hazmats surround  a patient on a hospital bed

A man, who is lying on one of the beds, is helped up by staff and carried away as smoke starts pouring from the machine

A man, who is lying on one of the beds, is helped up by staff and carried away as smoke starts pouring from the machine

They hurry to get him outside of the ward as they suspect something has gone wrong with the ventilators.

Within a matter of seconds a fireball flame then sparks from the ventilator in SSG Hospital’s ICU unit.  

Medics rush to help other patients out of the room in the video taken at around 9:45pm on September 8.    

Within a matter of seconds a fireball flame then sparks from the ventilator in the video taken at around 9:45pm on September 8

Within a matter of seconds a fireball flame then sparks from the ventilator in the video taken at around 9:45pm on September 8

As they attempt to extinguish the fire the ward is barely recognisable as it is completely clouded with smoke

As they attempt to extinguish the fire the ward is barely recognisable as it is completely clouded with smoke

One elderly woman is helped off her bed as the fire spreads, turning the room a luminous orange.

Two patients remain in the room as it starts filling with smoke, as hospital staff hurry them both to safety.  

The fire is extinguished and the ward is barely recognisable as it is completely clouded with smoke.   

It comes as the city’s coronavirus cases has topped 7,100 – after an additional 112 tested positive, according to figures from August 24.

Smoke starts pouring from the machine as patients watch, before hospital workers manage to get everyone out of the room

Smoke starts pouring from the machine as patients watch, before hospital workers manage to get everyone out of the room 

The medics suspect something has gone wrong with the ventilators and rush to help the first patient up and away from the machine

The medics suspect something has gone wrong with the ventilators and rush to help the first patient up and away from the machine 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk