Laurence Fox is DROPPED by his acting agent in phone call


Laurence Fox is DROPPED by his acting agent in phone call but insists he has not done anything that ‘could be deemed racist’ and calls for ‘common sense’

  • Laurence Fox said his agent ‘let me go on the phone’ in a Tweet yesterday night
  • He said the the phone call reaffirmed ‘exactly why I am doing what I’m doing’
  • Last month, Fox embroiled in Twitter spats with people who called him ‘racist’
  • In September Fox launched The Reclaim Party to ‘reclaim British values’

Laurence Fox has revealed that he was dropped by his acting agent in a phone call but insisted he has not done anything that ‘could be deemed racist’.

The controversial Lewis star said on Twitter that his agent ‘let me go on the phone’ in a move which reaffirmed ‘exactly why I am doing what I’m doing’. 

Last month, Fox was embroiled in bitter Twitter spats with a number of people who called him a ‘racist’. He replied making unsubstantiated claims that they were ‘paedophiles’. He later deleted the tweets.

Two people who Fox accused – deputy chair of LGBT charity Stonewall Simon Blake and Drag Race UK star Crystal – then announced they would sue him for defamation. 

One month earlier, Fox launched The Reclaim Party – to fight for freedom of speech, ‘reclaim British values’ and challenge what he regards as a ‘culture war’ taking place in Britain.

In his Tweet on Thursday evening, Fox said: ‘I want to thank my acting agent who let me go on the phone just now for reaffirming exactly why I am doing what I’m doing. 

‘Still waiting for a single example of anything I’ve ever said or done that could ever be deemed racist. We will reclaim freedom, fairness and common sense.’

Laurence Fox has revealed that he was dropped by his acting agent in a phone call but insisted he has not done anything that ‘could be deemed racist’ 

The controversial Lewis star said his agent 'let me go on the phone' in a move he said reaffirmed 'exactly why I am doing what I’m doing'

The controversial Lewis star said his agent ‘let me go on the phone’ in a move he said reaffirmed ‘exactly why I am doing what I’m doing’

Fox, 42, hopes to stand dozens of candidates across the UK for his The Reclaim Party and has received substantial sums from former Tory donors.

The Lewis star says he wants to provide a movement for people who are ‘tired of being told that we represent the very thing we have, in history, stood together against’.

Fox first shot to prominence in January thanks to an appearance as a panellist on BBC1’s Question Time.

During the programme, he disputed the claim that the Duchess of Sussex had been treated in a ‘racist’ way by the British press. 

Fox was also involved in a heated debate with academic and ethnicity lecturer Rachel Boyle after she called him ‘a white privileged male’.

Fox first shot to prominence in January thanks to an appearance as a panellist on BBC1's Question Time (pictured)

Fox first shot to prominence in January thanks to an appearance as a panellist on BBC1’s Question Time (pictured)

He replied by accusing Ms Boyle, an academic at Edge Hill University on Merseyside, of ‘being racist’.

As the row continued the following day he quoted Martin Luther King’s 1963 ‘I have a dream’ speech about living in a nation where children ‘will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character’.

He said: ‘This is the position I took last night and I live by in life. If you can improve on it, I’m all ears. Or you can keep screeching ”Racist!” at me and I can carry on having a jolly good giggle at your expense. The tide is turning’. 

Simon Blake, the deputy chair of LGBT charity Stonewall, is suing Fox

Drag queen Crystalis also suing Fox

Deputy chair of LGBT charity Stonewall Simon Blake and Drag Race UK star Crystal announced they would sue Fox for defamation after he called them ‘paedophiles’ in an unsubstantiated Twitter rant

In October, Fox accused Sainsbury's of 'promoting racial segregation and discrimination' and promised to boycott the supermarket chain after it promoted Black History Month

In October, Fox accused Sainsbury’s of ‘promoting racial segregation and discrimination’ and promised to boycott the supermarket chain after it promoted Black History Month 

Drag Race UK star Crystal wrote in response to Fox's tweet: 'Imagine being this proud of being a racist! So cringe'

Drag Race UK star Crystal wrote in response to Fox’s tweet: ‘Imagine being this proud of being a racist! So cringe’

Crystal - who appeared on the first season of hit show Ru Paul's Drag Race UK - said in a Twitter statement  that he was suing Fox for defamation.

Crystal – who appeared on the first season of hit show Ru Paul’s Drag Race UK – said in a Twitter statement  that he was suing Fox for defamation.

In October, Fox accused Sainsbury’s of ‘promoting racial segregation and discrimination’ and promised to boycott the supermarket chain after it promoted Black History Month.

As he faced a backlash for his views, he clapped back at people ‘falsely accusing him of racism’ by retaliating with unsubstantiated slurs calling them ‘paedophiles’ in Tweets which have since been deleted.  

Fox’s Reclaim party so far has three objectives, which include protecting free speech, reforming publicly funded institutions, and preserving and celebrating Britain’s cultural history.

Backers include former Tory donor Jeremy Hosking.

The Lewis star says he wants to provide a movement for people who are ‘tired of being told that we represent the very thing we have, in history, stood together against’.

Laurence Fox and his past controversies

January 16, 2020: Fox was involved in a heated debate with the academic and ethnicity lecturer Rachel Boyle after she called him ‘a white privileged male’ on BBC’s Question Time.

The 41-year-old accused Ms Boyle, an academic at Edge Hill University on Merseyside, of ‘being racist’ after she called him ‘a white privileged male’ for denying the Duchess of Sussex was hounded from Britain for being mixed-race.

As the row continued the following day he quoted Martin Luther King’s 1963 ‘I have a dream’ speech about living in a nation where children ‘will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character’.

He said: ‘This is the position I took last night and I live by in life. If you can improve on it, I’m all ears. Or you can keep screeching ”Racist!” at me and I can carry on having a jolly good giggle at your expense. The tide is turning’. 

January 17, 2020: The actor later went on to reveal that he does not date women under the age of 35 because they are ‘too woke’ and many of them are ‘absolutely bonkers’ during an interview with the Delingpod podcast.

During the podcast , Fox said that he called off a relationship with a former partner because she praised a Gillette advert which highlighted ‘toxic masculinity.’ 

January 23, 2020: Fox apologised for his comments about the inclusion of a Sikh soldier in the First World War film 1917 by Sir Sam Mendes.

The actor had initially referred to ‘the oddness in the casting’ of a Sikh soldier and was met by widespread criticism by historians who confirmed that Sikhs had served in the British Army.

Fox later tweeted: ‘Fellow humans who are Sikhs, I am as moved by the sacrifices your relatives made as I am by the loss of all those who die in war, whatever creed or colour.

‘Please accept my apology for being clumsy in the way I expressed myself.’ 

June 18, 2020: In a piece for the Spectator, Fox, questioned if Meghan Markle stepped down as a working royal because she did not get the ‘limelight’

In September 2020, Fox said that he had been ‘cancelled’ by fellow actor Rebecca Front because she had blocked him on Twitter over his use of the ‘All Lives Matter’ counter-slogan in response to the Black Lives Matter movement.

Fox later apologised for revealing this through tweeting a private text conversation between the pair, in which Front had explained her reasons for blocking him.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk