Know The Updated facts To Lodge Student Visa 500 Application

Australia can be the best option to pursue your studies within a well corporate education group because Australia is famous for its high and best quality of education. The student visa subclass 500 permits you to stay in Australia for up to 5 years while you are doing study at an Australian educational institution. In simple words, the main intention of this visa is to permit international students to attempt training and full-time education in Australia. The Student Visa Subclass 500 cost starts from AUD620.

The main advantage of this visa is that you can work 40 hours per week when your course is in session and unlimited hours when your course is not in session. You can include your family and relatives in your application. You need to provide the evidence of intended study. For this visa student, you must enrol or have a LOO (Letter of offer) with Australian education. You can go outside and you can return as several times as you want with a valid visa.

Note: If your student visa subclass 500 has expired then you need to apply again for visa subclass 500 within 28 days. You can stay in Australia for thirty days after your course ends because it is your right.

You cannot request for visa subclass 500 if you hold these kinds of temporary visa

  • Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa subclass 403
  • Domestic Worker (Temporary) Visa Subclass 426
  • Transit Visa Subclass 771
  • Diplomatic Visa Subclass 995
  • Visitor Visa Subclass 600

Student subclass 500 processing time:

Sectors 75% of applications processed in 90% of applications processed in
Foreign affairs or defense Sector 14 days 27 days
Postgraduate Research Sector 51  days 4 months
Non Award  Sector 2 days 6 days
School  Sector 36 days 57 days
Independent ELICOS  Sector 30 days 46 days
Vocational Education and Training  Sector 46 days 67 days
Higher Education  Sector 32 days 53 days

Student Visa Subclass 500 conditions:

There are some important conditions to obey for visa subclass 500 holders. These conditions are the following:

  • Condition 8105: You can’t work more than 40 hours in a week while you are doing your course.
  • Condition 8202: You need to maintain registration in a course of study.
  • Condition 8501: You need to maintain your OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) while you are doing your course in Australia.
  • Condition 8516: You must have capable financial resources.

Eligibility for Subclass 500 Visa:

  • Must be 6 years or older.
  • You need to provide a confirmation of enrollment (COE) for every course if you are applying for this visa from outside of Australia.
  • If you are applying for a student visa from Australia then you need to provide LOO or letter of offer.
  • You need to provide evidence of sufficient funds.
  • You may also be asked to show proof that your parents or spouse are able to support you.
  • You need to provide evidence to show your English proficiency. This means you need to provide proof of your English language ability.
  • You need to provide character and health requirements.
  • If your age is under 18 then you need to give the evidence of your welfare arrangements in Australia.
  • You must be covered by OSHC (Overseas student health cover) from approved Australian health insurance.
  • Have sufficient money for your stay in Australia
  • While attaching the visa application, you need to show that there is no intention to stay in Australia permanently. For this you need to provide the following:
  • The applicant’s immigration history
  • The importance of the course to the applicant’s future
  • Future plan
  • Details of selected courses
  • The applicant’s potential circumstance in their home country
  • The applicant’s circumstance in their home country
  • Social, family and financial ties
  • Other relevant matters

Financial requirements

  • To meet monetary necessities, you should have certifiable access to at least AUD$20,000 to cover the initial a year of your stay in Australia.
  • You should also have certifiable access to a further AUD$7,000 in the event that you have a de facto partner or spouse, and AUD$3,000 for every kid going with you.
  • Your partner or parents must have earned minimum AUD$70,000 in the last year if they and/or kids are going with you.
  • In the year prior to you apply for the Student Visa 500, your parents or your partner should also have been gaining at any rate AUD$60,000 if it is only you making a trip to Australia.
  • Your partner or your parents should also have been earning at least AUD60,000 in last year. If you are including them with this application.

In case if you have any problem regarding visa then you should contact Immigration Agent Adelaide for further consultation.

Advantage of student visa 500:

  • You can study and work at the same time while you are doing your course.
  • You may request for short term or long term visa.
  • You can include your family member or relative to the application.
  • You can get the right to obtain the official Bachelor’s degree, diploma or master’s degree that is accepted by the Australian education system.