Katie Price has been left ‘horrified’ after her ‘mucky mansion’ caught fire on Monday night – after a blaze caused by candles damaged the same property in 2018.
The fire brigade were called to the 42-year-old former glamour model’s house in West Sussex after neighbours raised the alarm.
The side of the £1.3 million home appeared to go up in flames after a caretaker built a bonfire right next to the side of her property, reports The Sun.
Bad news: Katie Price has been left ‘horrified’ after her ‘mucky mansion’ caught fire on Monday night
The mother-of-five is currently living in a rented £4,250 per month six-bedroom property in Surrey, just minutes away from ex-husband Peter Andre’s home while her dilapidated ‘mucky mansion’ is renovated
A source told the publication: ‘Katie was horrified when she was called about the fire – apparently the caretaker built a huge fire right next to the house, and when it went up the side of the house was covered in flames.
‘It was a huge fire – a neighbour called the fire brigade thinking the house was burning down. It was put out in the end but you could see the smoke billowing across the road. She says the house is cursed.’
Accident: The fire brigade were called to the 42-year-old former glamour model’s house in West Sussex after neighbours raised the alarm
A representative told MailOnline: ‘I can confirm there was a fire at Katies property, the fire brigade attended after a call was placed reporting it.
‘Katie was not on the premise at the time of the event.’
They added that the fire was brought safely under control before any serious damage was done to the building.
This is not the first time the sprawling property has caught fire, with a blaze reported at the same building in 2018.
Blaze: The side of the £1.3 million house appeared to go up in flames after a caretaker built a bonfire right next to the side of her home, reports The Sun
She was reportedly caught in the house fire as her five-year-old son Jett’s bedroom went up in flames.
And The Sun reported at the time that the damage was caused by scented candles, which Katie used as a way to decrease her electricity bill.
A source candidly told the publication: ‘The fire started from her using candles to save on electricity.’
They added: ‘She’s been telling people it’s for ambience and since coming back from Spain she’s become more bohemian. But it’s because she can’t afford her electricity bill!
‘She’d bought cheap scented candles for her house in a bid to save money on lights and mask the smell of animals – cat wee to be precise.’
Not again! This is not the first time the sprawling property has caught fire, with a blaze reported at the same building in 2018
The TV personality was said to be ‘terrified’ after discovering the blaze, which quickly spread across the first floor bedroom, but luckily her step-father Paul was on hand to put out the fire before emergency services had to be called.
Despite the scare, Katie and her family were unharmed from the fire, though concerned at the cost of repairing the damage as the bedroom and corridor are reportedly blackened with smoke.
Sources since claimed the incident was not as serious as originally reported, telling MailOnline: ‘It was a candle that burnt a curtain in (son) Jett’s bedroom which was put out immediately. This is all getting far fetched now.’
Separate sources previously told The Sun Online that Katie was terrified the house might burn down.
‘She’s trying to sell the house at the moment, so it’s really bad news for Katie. It’s going to cost her a fortune to repair,’ an insider explained.
‘Nobody knows how it started but if Paul hadn’t been visiting at the time with Katie’s mum Amy, the whole house could have burnt to the ground.’
MailOnline contacted Katie’s representatives for comment at the time.
In July this year Katie was forced to employ 24-hour live-in security guards after a spate of break ins at the house.
In aerial photographs of her expansive property, the two security guards’ cars were seen parked up alongside the former glamour model’s pink Beetle.
Luckily all are safe: In 2018 Katie was reportedly caught in a house fire as her five-year-old son Jett’s bedroom went up in flames
A representative for Katie told MailOnline: ‘Katie has, on the advice of police, upped her security measures.’
The TV personality vowed to increase security after a neighbour witnessed three men on her private property the week before.
A source told MailOnline: ‘Katie as a result of the recent invasion on her property is ramping up security to maintain a 24 hour surveillance on her house.
‘It was quite clear that these people were not lost or indeed ramblers and were there with intent to raid Katie’s property. The neighbours are also close friends of Katie’s and raised the alarm.’
Police advice: In July this year Katie was forced to employ 24-hour live-in security guards after a spate of break ins at the house
The latest break in came just weeks after thieves broke into her home in Sussex, stealing her I’m A Celebrity rucksack and leaning the shower head over the ceiling which caused the bathroom to flood and the ceiling to collapse.
Katie told The Sun at the time: ‘I’ve already contacted police and told them all this.
‘I’ve got someone going to my house to put a padlock on the bottom of the field gate, it looks like people are wrecking my property to go in again.’
According to the publication, a neighbour saw three men emerge from a black BMW.
The neighbour reported shouting at one of them to get off private property, only for them to reply they were looking for a toilet.
Precautions: In aerial photographs of her expansive property, the two security guards’ cars were seen parked up alongside the former glamour model’s pink Beetle