Jessica Simpson calls mother Tina Simpson her ‘hero’ alongside birthday tribute photo


Jessica Simpson took to her personal Instagram page on Sunday to wish her mother, Tina Simpson, a happy birthday, along with some sweet sentiments, in a photo of the two with sister Ashlee Simpson.

The new tribute comes comes four days after Jessica’s fashion label The Jessica Simpson Collection, which Tina serves as the President, wished her a happy birthday, along with a snap of the two posing together.

Tina Simpson (born Tina Ann Drew), who divorced Jessica and Ashlee’s father Joe Simpson in 2013 after 34 years of marriage, turned 63 on Wednesday, January 18. 

Tribute: Jessica Simpson, 42, bestowed ‘hero status’ on her mother, Tina Simpson, when she wished her a happy 63rd birthday with a photo of the two with sister Ashlee Simpson

‘We are because She is…’ Jessica, 42, began in her new Instagram post showing the birthday girl sitting to Jessica’s left, and Ashlee on the other side of her sister.

‘Thank you Mom for living 62 years of life to the very fullest. You inspire unwavering strength and determination with the purest of hearts. Hero status, indeed,’ she added. 

The mother of three went on to reveal that she and the family ‘had a beautiful week celebrating our Mom- the natural born small and mighty!’

She ended the tribute: ‘May God Bless you abundantly! Lovin’ you is one of life’s greatest treasures! 1.18.23.’

Happy birthday: Jessica's new tribute comes four days after The Jessica Simpson Collection, which Tina serves a president, wished her happy birthday, along with a snap of the two

Happy birthday: Jessica’s new tribute comes four days after The Jessica Simpson Collection, which Tina serves a president, wished her happy birthday, along with a snap of the two

Four days earlier, the birthday post on the Jessica Simpson Style’s official Instagram read: ‘Happy birthday @tinasimpsonofficial,’ YOU are a gift!’ with a heart emoji and celebration emojis.

The sweet words came alongside a black-and-white photo of Tina and Jessica snuggling up next to each other in an embrace.

Tina is the president of the Jessica Simpson Collection brand, that’s led by Jessica who serves as the Chief Executive Officer.

In November 2021, Jessica revealed that she was able to reclaim ownership of her namesake brand, thanking her mom for her unwavering support.

The mother and daughter team were able to buy back the rest of the brand – 62.5%.

High praise: 'Thank you Mom for living 62 years of life to the very fullest. You inspire unwavering strength and determination with the purest of hearts,' Jessica wrote in honor of her mother; the Simpson sister are pictured as bookends to their mom

High praise: ‘Thank you Mom for living 62 years of life to the very fullest. You inspire unwavering strength and determination with the purest of hearts,’ Jessica wrote in honor of her mother; the Simpson sister are pictured as bookends to their mom

Throwback: 'Loving you is one of life's greatest treasures,' the mother of three said on her mother in her birthday tribute; Jessica is pictured with her mother as a toddler back in the early 1980s

Throwback: ‘Loving you is one of life’s greatest treasures,’ the mother of three said on her mother in her birthday tribute; Jessica is pictured with her mother as a toddler back in the early 1980s

They owned 37.5% but purchased the other 62.5% back after it was sold to Sequential Brands Group Inc. in 2015 by Camuto Group, according to Today.com.

Sequential Brands Group had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and then began the process of selling off their portfolio. 

Being a mom to three children herself, Jessica now knows the amount of love and hard work it takes to be a solid and consistent mother.

The singer, actress and entrepreneur and her husband Eric Johnson, who have been married for more than eight years, are the proud parents of daughters Maxwell, 10, and Birdie, three, and son Ace, nine.

Passing on love and lessons: The singer, actress and entrepreneur and her husband Eric Johnson, who have been married for more than eight years, are the proud parents of daughters Maxwell, 10, and Birdie, three, and son Ace, nine

Passing on love and lessons: The singer, actress and entrepreneur and her husband Eric Johnson, who have been married for more than eight years, are the proud parents of daughters Maxwell, 10, and Birdie, three, and son Ace, nine

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk