I’m A Celebrity ‘thrown into chaos as AJ Pritchard tests POSITIVE for Covid-19’


I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! 2020 has reportedly been thrown into chaos as AJ Pritchard has tested positive for Covid-19.

According to new reports, the former Strictly star, 26, had a routine test along with the other contestants ahead of the new series, which starts on Sunday 15 November.

The professional dancer, who is said to be isolating near Gwrych Castle in North Wales with girlfriend Abbie Quinnen, is believed to be ‘shocked’ as he has been ‘feeling fine’ and following the precautions set out.

Spanner in the works: I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! 2020 has reportedly been thrown into chaos as AJ Pritchard (pictured in January) has tested positive for Covid-19

The source told The Sun: ‘Everyone is on tenterhooks. Like the other contestants AJ had a routine Covid test, which came back positive. He will have another one before going in.

‘The ITV production team have gone to incredible lengths all year to make sure everything is carried out safely and with as minimal risk to the cast and crew as possible.

‘There is little room for error. If several stars are struck down, particularly one of the older ones, then it would throw the whole show into jeopardy and be very problematic.’

Protocol: The former Strictly star, 26, had a routine test along with the other contestants ahead of the new series (hosts Ant and Dec pictured in North Wales last month)

Protocol: The former Strictly star, 26, had a routine test along with the other contestants ahead of the new series (hosts Ant and Dec pictured in North Wales last month)

Preparations: The professional dancer is said to be isolating near Gwrych Castle in North Wales with girlfriend Abbie Quinnen (pictured in February)

Preparations: The professional dancer is said to be isolating near Gwrych Castle in North Wales with girlfriend Abbie Quinnen (pictured in February)

Shake-up: This year has seen the series relocate from Australia to the UK due to travel concerns sparked by the COVID-19 pandemic (Declan pictured in London on Friday)

Shake-up: This year has seen the series relocate from Australia to the UK due to travel concerns sparked by the COVID-19 pandemic (Declan pictured in London on Friday)

It is unclear whether the ballroom star will participate on the series following his diagnosis. 

MailOnline has contacted an ITV representative and a spokesperson for AJ for further comment. 

This year has seen the series relocate from Australia to North Wales due to travel concerns sparked by the COVID-19 pandemic.

History: Gwrych Castle is said to be haunted by Countess of Dundonald, who owned the building until her death in 1926

History: Gwrych Castle is said to be haunted by Countess of Dundonald, who owned the building until her death in 1926 

Earlier in the week, a fan spotted helicopters hovering over Gwrych Castle, with some speculating that the aircraft contained some of the contestants from the series.

Residents of Abergele told The Mirror: ‘We heard them coming over and the best vantage point to see them was from the back bedroom.

‘So we legged it upstairs. My wife was faster than me getting her mobile phone out. They came from the Rhyl direction, flew over Gwrych Castle then they banked and went out to sea.

‘Then they banked again and came south to the castle and flew off westwards, behind the castle.’

According to Sunday People, ten ghostly figures consisting of fire illuminated the sky outside the building, which is believed to be haunted by Countess of Dundonald, who owned the building until her death in 1926. 

Winifred Cochrane, who is said to haunt the towers in anger at her tyrannical husband, was an extremely wealthy heiress who had land that stretched across Wales, Lancashire, Cheshire, Staffordshire and Derbyshire.

Background: Winifred Cochrane, who is said to haunt the towers in anger at her tyrannical husband, was an extremely wealthy heiress (pictured on her wedding day in 1878)

Background: Winifred Cochrane, who is said to haunt the towers in anger at her tyrannical husband, was an extremely wealthy heiress (pictured on her wedding day in 1878) 

The aristocrat was the only surviving child of Robert Bamford-Hesket and Ellen Jones-Bateman, which made her part of the Marchudd ap Cynan, one of the 15 noble tribes of North Wales. 

In 1878, aged 19, she had an arranged marriage to Douglas Cochrane, 12th Earl of Dundonald, who later became world famous for leading the charge at the Relief of Ladysmith, during the Boer War.   

MailOnline has contacted ITV representatives for further comment. 

Hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly, the contestants and crew will have to undergo Covid tests throughout their stints.

Final star? On Friday, it was claimed that ITV bosses completed the show's star-studded lineup with DJ Jordan North being the final star to sign up

Final star? On Friday, it was claimed that ITV bosses completed the show’s star-studded lineup with DJ Jordan North being the final star to sign up

Stepping out of her comfort zone: McFly star Tom Fletcher's wife Giovanna Fletcher was also thought to have agreed to take part in the programme

Stepping out of her comfort zone: McFly star Tom Fletcher’s wife Giovanna Fletcher was also thought to have agreed to take part in the programme

Soap icon: Corrie star Beverley Callard is among the rumoured line-up

Gorgeous: Ruthie Henshall, who is believed to be earning £75,000 for her I'm A Celebrity stint, has starred in West End shows such as Miss Saigon, and dated Prince Edward in the 1990s

Here come the girls! Corrie star Beverley Callard (L) and theatre legend Ruthie Henshall (R) are also among the rumoured line-up 

On Friday, it was claimed that ITV bosses completed the show’s star-studded lineup with DJ Jordan North being the final star to sign up.

The radio presenter, 30, is fondly known as ‘the supply teacher’ by fans, and since September has hosted the mid-morning weekend slot after acting as a fill-in for many years. 

McFly star Tom Fletcher’s wife Giovanna Fletcher was also thought to have agreed to take part in the programme. 

The author and social media star, 35, has won a legion of fans with her blogs about motherhood and podcast.

TV star: Presenter Vernon Kay is also said to be joining the series for a whopping £150,000 fee

 TV star: Presenter Vernon Kay is also said to be joining the series for a whopping £150,000 fee

Rolling in the dough: Sir Mo Farah is another big name expected to battle it out in the spooky location

Rolling in the dough: Sir Mo Farah is another big name expected to battle it out in the spooky location

Screen star: EastEnders star Shane Richie will take part after much of his work was cancelled or postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, claim sources

Screen star: EastEnders star Shane Richie will take part after much of his work was cancelled or postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, claim sources

Pricey cost: Radio host Victoria Derbyshire is rumoured to have secured £75,000 for her role

New beginnings? EastEnders' Jessica Plummer signed up for the show following her character Chantelle Taylor's tragic exit from the soap

Pricey cost: Radio host Victoria Derbyshire (L) and EastEnders’ Jessica Plummer (R) is rumoured to have secured £75,000 for her role

Showman: Opera singer Russell Watson is thought to have signed up to star on the series on a £100,000 contract

Showman: Opera singer Russell Watson is thought to have signed up to star on the series on a £100,000 contract 

EastEnders star Shane Richie, Sir Mo Farah, broadcaster Vernon Kay and Coronation Street legend Beverley Callard are some of the big names expected to also battle it out in the spooky location.

Opera singer Russell Watson is thought to have signed up to star on the series on a £100,000 contract, and was pictured heading to a pre-show photoshoot last month.  

Insiders claim actress Ruthie Henshall, presenter Victoria Derbyshire and soap star Jessica Plummer, meanwhile, will earn £75,000 each for their I’m A Celebrity stints. 

Rounding out the lineup is Para-athlete Holly Arnold, who is believing to be bagging £50,000 for her appearance. 

Sports star: Para-athlete Holly Arnold is believed to be bagging £50,000 for her appearance

Sports star: Para-athlete Holly Arnold is believed to be bagging £50,000 for her appearance

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk