Every year, scientists are implementing into the clinical practice more and more effective methods for cancer treatment. Despite a large number of methods of oncology treatment, it still has a high lethality. One of the main methods used in modern medicine to treat metastatic colon cancer is hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy – HIPEC.
Thanks to the development of medical tourism, treatment abroad have become very popular in the last years. Now everyone can undergo HIPEC procedure in the best foreign hospitals. Most often doctors use HIPEC for colon cancer treatment.
What is HIPEC?
Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy is an innovative method for the treatment of metastatic abdominal cancer. HIPEC procedure is usually used in cases where other methods are not effective. Thanks to this method, thousands of patients were able to regain hope for a cure.
The disadvantage of conventional chemotherapy is that the drugs circulating in the bloodstream practically do not penetrate into the abdominal cavity. As a result, the impact on the tumor is minimal. HIPEC includes the introduction of heated drugs directly into the abdominal cavity. By increasing the temperature of the drug, a better effect on cancer cells is reached.
Benefits of HIPEC
It has been proved that the use of HIPEC treatment for colon cancer significantly improves the quality of life of patients at all stages of cancer. The use of intraperitoneal chemotherapy has several advantages compared to conventional chemotherapy:
- Heated chemotherapy drugs have a better impact on cancer cells.
- The combined use of surgery and HIPEC increases the effectiveness of treatment in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis by several times.
- Compared to other methods of treatment, HIPEC is safer for patients’ health.
- Local impact on the tumor is more effective than conventional chemotherapy.
- This procedure is performed only by doctors with extensive experience. So you don’t need to worry about your health.
What are the main symptoms of colorectal cancer?
As a rule, the initial stages of colon cancer are asymptomatic. This is the main challenge in the early diagnosis of cancer. However, as the tumor grows, the patient may have complaints:
- Gastrointestinal disorders.
- Blood in the stool, which might make the stool black.
- Weakness or fatigue.
- Discomfort in the abdomen.
- Severe abdominal pain.
- Weight loss.
Up-to-date testing for colorectal cancer
Modern medical centers of Turkey, Germany, and Israel use the most advanced equipment for diagnostics. This allows for increasing the chance of early cancer detection by more than 40%. As a result, here you can reveal colorectal cancer at its earliest stages. The diagnostic program in colorectal cancer includes the following examinations:
- Complete blood count.
- Tumor markers – the most common tumor marker for colorectal cancer is a carcinoembryonic antigen.
- Diagnostic colonoscopy.
- Computed tomography.
- Abdominal ultrasound examination.
- Magnetic resonance imaging.
After the examination, the doctor will be able to determine the location of the tumor, its size, as well as the presence of metastases. This will help to choose an individual treatment for each patient.
Measures for the prevention of malignant tumors of the colon include regular medical examinations for people who are predisposed to cancer. Special attention is paid to patients with colorectal polyps.
Common prevention measures for colorectal cancer include:
- Active lifestyle, regular physical activity.
- A well-balanced diet rich in plant fiber, without an excess of animal fats.
- Avoiding stress.
- Avoiding bad habits such as smoking and alcohol abuse.
- Timely treatment of intestinal diseases.
- Regular medical examinations.
How to undergo treatment abroad
Hundreds of thousands of patients have already been treated abroad due to the development of medical tourism. You may become one of them by simply contacting the best medical tourism operator Booking Health.
With its help, you can undergo treatment of oncology abroad at an attractive price. During the treatment, the company’s specialists will do everything possible to make you feel comfortable and safe. In addition, Booking Health provides a number of services:
- Booking airline tickets.
- Medical insurance services.
- Providing personal translator services.
- Low prices for treatment in the best world hospitals.
- Individual selection of the clinic.
- And others.