Great Dane Dexter is rescued by vets after they removed 3ft long piece of TINSEL from his stomach


Hungry 10-year-old Great Dane Dexter is rescued by vets after they removed 3ft long piece of TINSEL from his stomach in life-saving operation

  • WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT 
  • 10-year-old Dexter had to have surgery after swallowing three feet of tinsel 
  • His owner, Paul Noakes, 56, said Dexter used to eat sofas and carpets  
  • And even though Mr Noakes tried to hide the decorations Dexter found them 

A mischievous Great Dane was rescued by vets after he gorged on three feet of tinsel.   

Footage shared by the People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA) shows the charity’s staff pulling the three-foot decoration from 10-year-old Dexter’s stomach in one piece.

Owner Paul Noakes, 56, from Margate, said it was not the first time Dexter had eaten something he should not have.

Footage shared by the People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA) shows the charity’s staff pulling the three-foot decoration from 10-year-old Dexter’s stomach in one piece

Owner Paul Noakes, 56, from Margate, said it was not the first time Dexter had eaten something he should not have

'When he was younger, he used to eat sofas and carpets, and two years ago at Christmas he ate tinsel, although we didn't know straight away,' he said. Pictured: The X-Ray showing the tinsel in Dexter's stomach

‘When he was younger, he used to eat sofas and carpets, and two years ago at Christmas he ate tinsel, although we didn’t know straight away,’ he said. Pictured: The X-Ray showing the tinsel in Dexter’s stomach

‘When he was younger, he used to eat sofas and carpets, and two years ago at Christmas he ate tinsel, although we didn’t know straight away,’ he said.

‘He wasn’t ill at all, and the first we knew was when it started coming out in pieces at both ends!’

The family had been at pains to keep all decorations from Dexter since the incident.

After Dexter was called in for an X-ray, the mystery was solved, and he had successful emergency surgery shortly after

After Dexter was called in for an X-ray, the mystery was solved, and he had successful emergency surgery shortly after

However, they became worried after discovering this year that some tinsel wrapped around ornaments on the mantelpiece had gone missing.

They immediately took Dexter to the vets to find whether he had eaten tinsel again. 

After Dexter was called in for an X-ray, the mystery was solved, and he had successful emergency surgery shortly after.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk