Fourth person dies after Montérégie tractor accident, 38-year-old driver charged


A fourth person has died following a tractor accident in Quebec earlier this week, provincial police said. 

One of the two adults who had been in critical condition after the accident died Friday night.

Three children, all under the age of five, also died after they fell out of the front bucket of the tractor and were struck on Wednesday. 

Police said the tractor was transporting six children and four adults. One of the adults remains in critical condition, and two others suffered minor injuries.

The 38-year-old driver was charged with criminal negligence causing death and criminal negligence causing bodily harm. 

The accident occurred in Notre-Dame-de-Stanbridge, about 75 kilometres southeast of Montreal in the province’s Montérégie region.

Read more at CBC.ca