Ex-American Idol star Ron Bultongez arrested on accusations of sex with a minor


Former American Idol star Ron Bultongez posts $50,000 bond after he’s arrested on accusations of sex with a minor

  • He is charged on four counts of sex with a minor under the age of 17  
  • Incidents occurred between December 2020 and February 2021 
  • Bultongez, 25, spent multiple days in custody before posting a $50K bond 
  • He appeared on the ABC talent competition in 2018 and made it into Top 24

Former American Idol star Ron Bultongez was arrested Thursday in connection with multiple counts of having sex with a minor in Grapevine, Texas.

The Plano, Texas native, who appeared on the ABC talent competition in 2018, turned himself into authorities, police told TMZ Monday.

In court docs reviewed by the outlet, the Tarrant County District Attorney said the singer, 25, has been charged on four counts of sexual penetration of a minor under the age of 17, between the timeframe of December 2020 and February 2021.

The latest: Former American Idol star Ron Bultongez, 25, was arrested Thursday in connection with multiple counts of having sex with a minor in Grapevine, Texas

Bultongez spent multiple days in custody before posting a $50,000 bond in the case, according to the outlet.

Bultongez has not yet had a court appearance in connection with the allegations, TMZ reported.

Bultongez, who appeared on the show’s 16th season, made it into the show’s top 24, performing in front of the show’s Lionel Richie, Katy Perry and Luke Bryan.

Bultongez last year told the Dallas Observer that he was dissatisfied with the commercial fallout of his appearance on the ABC shows, describing the series of events as ‘a bunch of crap’ as he was blocked from releasing new music.

Details: The Plano, Texas native, who appeared on the ABC talent competition in 2018, turned himself into authorities

Details: The Plano, Texas native, who appeared on the ABC talent competition in 2018, turned himself into authorities

Bultongez spent multiple days in custody before posting a $50,000 bond in the case, according to the outlet

Bultongez spent multiple days in custody before posting a $50,000 bond in the case, according to the outlet 

Bultongez had been in contracts with Hollywood Records and Sony RCA UK, who each let him go. He had also negotiated to ink a deal with Kobalt Music Group but it did not pan out, according to the publication.

‘I think it’s about time to start working on my debut album,’ Bultongez said in the July 2020 article. ‘I was tied down for about two years. Those post-TV show contracts are brutal. I dealt with a bunch of crap that kept me from releasing anything.’

Bultongez told the outlet that he has in excess of 100 songs he has not released that he hopes to assemble for a future album.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk