Doctors pull out a WATER BOTTLE from Iranian man’s bum after his clueless wife took him to hospital


Doctors pull out a WATER BOTTLE from constipated Iranian man’s bum after 50-year-old’s clueless wife took him to hospital

  • The man inserted a 7.5-inch (19cm) water bottle up his back passage in February
  • Unable to extract the item, he waited 3 days before seeking help out of shame
  • He was later dragged to A&E by his wife who was worried about his symptoms
  • But afraid of his wife’s reaction he didn’t fully explain his condition to medics 
  • Surgeons managed to drag the bottle out of him and he has made a full recovery

An Iranian man needed a seven-and-half inch (19cm) water bottle yanked out of his anus.

The constipated 50-year-old, who wasn’t named, was so scared of his wife’s reaction he delayed seeking help for three days. 

She had taken him to hospital because she was concerned about his lack of eating, abdominal pain and inability to go to the toilet.

But the man didn’t tell doctors that it was because he had a 250ml bottle inside him. It was only spotted when he was sent for a CT scan.  

Writing in the journal Clinical Case Reports, they said he didn’t want to reveal he had inserted the object inside himself due to ’embarrassment and fear of his wife’.

The yellow arrow highlights the large water bottle the man inserted into himself. Medics who extracted it reported the object as being 7.5-inches (19.3cm) in length and 1.8 inches (4.7cm) in width

He had pushed the bottom of the bottle in first, so he would be able to pull it out by gripping the top.

But he was unable to extract the item, leaving the plastic bottle lodged deep inside his large intestine. 

Medics at the Imam Khomeini Hospital in Sari did not say if the man explained why he had shoved the bottle inside him.

Although, they noted sexual gratification was usually behind such insertions. 

The man, who had a history of depression, was immediately rushed for surgery and given anaesthesia to knock him out and relax his sphincter. 

Surgeons then ‘carefully and slowly’ dragged the bottle back out of his anus. There was no rupture or bleeding.

Follow-up tests found no evidence the bottle had caused him any internal injuries, or perforation to his lower intestine.

Objects inserted into the rectum can potentially perforate the bowel, which can be deadly if material from the digestive tract seeps out.

But after three more days in hospital the man was discharged and also referred to a psychiatric clinic.

One month after his ordeal, the man reportedly has suffered no further problems or had any trouble with his bowel movements. 

Discussing the issue of rectal insertions generally, the medics noted that most cases where men get objects stuck inside their rectums are men between the ages of 30 and 40.

They added that items such as light bulbs, bottles, truncheons, body spray cans, and turkey basters had all been previously reported as being found lodged in patient’s backsides. 

NHS doctors are no stranger to dealing with similar incidents, with data analysis last year finding about 400 ‘foreign’ objects are pulled from English anuses each year.

A recent analysis of cases in England found the incidence of objects having to be removed from rectums is on the rise with cases particularly growing in men

A recent analysis of cases in England found the incidence of objects having to be removed from rectums is on the rise with cases particularly growing in men

The analysis found people in their 20s were the most likely to get an object stuck in their rectum followed by people in their early 50s

The analysis found people in their 20s were the most likely to get an object stuck in their rectum followed by people in their early 50s

This was estimated to cost the taxpayer roughly £340,000 a year for things like drugs for performing procedures, and the manpower of NHS staff. 

People most commonly shove objects into their rectum for sexual pleasure.

This is partly to do with the number of nerves in the anus making it highly sensitive, and for men it can also stimulate the prostate, an erogenous part of the male reproductive system.

For women it can also indirectly stimulate parts of the vagina. 

With cases of objects getting stuck in rectum rising in Britain researchers have speculated increasing use of internet porn and access to sex toys, may be to blame. 

The NHS advises that anyone exploring anal play do so safely and use an object with a flared base to prevent it from getting lost inside.  

Other reasons for inserting objects into rectums, such as attempting to self-treat constipation or due to psychological disorders, have also been recorded. 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk