Auschwitz museum bans visitors from countries infected with coronavirus

Auschwitz museum bans visitors from countries infected with coronavirus as Poland remains infection free

  • Museum recommended travellers from certain countries to desist from visiting 
  • Polish government has said there are no confirmed cases of the virus in Poland
  • The Museum has said that it is monitoring the issue on an ongoing basis

The Auschwitz Memorial Museum has told visitors from places infected with coronavirus to ‘desist’ from visiting.

In a message posted on its website, the museum near the tourist destination of Krakow in south Poland said: ‘To date, we have not observed any disturbing situations, but the Museum is monitoring this issue on an ongoing basis.

It added: ‘The Museum has recommended travel agencies and organizers of trips to the Memorial to desist from the arrival of people from places found to be infected.’

The Auschwitz Memorial Museum has told visitors from places infected with coronavirus to ‘desist’ from visiting. Pictured: the entrance to the camp 

Last year around 2 million people visited the site of the former extermination camp where over 1million people were murdered by Hitler’s occupying Nazi monsters.

Included in the number of visitors were 200,000 Brits.

Others include hundreds of thousands from across COVID-19 infected European countries, with 104,000 from Italy, 73,000 from Germany, 70,000 from Spain, 67,000 from France, 59,000 from Israel, 42,000 from Ireland and 40,000 from Sweden.

Minister of Health Lukasz Szumowski (pictured) said on Thursday: 'There are no cases of coronavirus in Poland'

Minister of Health Lukasz Szumowski (pictured) said on Thursday: ‘There are no cases of coronavirus in Poland’

In a message posted on its website (pictured), the museum near the tourist destination of Krakow in south Poland said: 'To date, we have not observed any disturbing situations, but the Museum is monitoring this issue on an ongoing basis'

In a message posted on its website (pictured), the museum near the tourist destination of Krakow in south Poland said: ‘To date, we have not observed any disturbing situations, but the Museum is monitoring this issue on an ongoing basis’

A further 120,000 visited from the USA.

The Museum has said that it will update their website with coronavirus news when available and has urged potential visitors to ‘keep track’ of information.

The Polish government has said that so far there are no confirmed cases of the virus in Poland.

Minister of Health Lukasz Szumowski said on Thursday: ‘There are no cases of coronavirus in Poland. When it does appear in Poland, we will report this information immediately.

‘As of now, there are no confirmed cases of infection.’

But he added that the virus was sure to appear in Poland within the coming days.

So far 47 people have been hospitalised, 55 were placed under quarantine at home, and over 1,570 were under observation by the medical services.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk

Loading...