Representatives from eight health organizations in Canada are appealing for immediate federal action to curb the marketing of vaping products.
These organizations are seeking specific, urgent actions that can be taken by Ottawa to address the youth vaping crisis:
- Action on Smoking and Health.
- Canadian Cancer Society.
- Canadian Medical Association.
- Canadian Lung Association.
- Coalition québécoise pour le contrôle du tabac.
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Ontario Campaign for Action on Tobacco.
- Physicians for a Smoke-Free Canada.
A news conference set for 10 a.m. ET in Ottawa will provide more details. CBC is streaming it live.